Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Getting an OBGYN

Okay, so normally I would try to refrain from posting twice in one day, but I HAD to share this. I have been putting off getting an obgyn here because I don't like going to the doctor (history of issues, etc.), but my scheduled time is coming up. I called the wife of a co-worker I am good friends with (and I know her too, we just don't hang out on a regular basis) because my workplace is mainly male and I don't have any good girlfriends at work that have been living here long enough to ask. Anyway, so I called her and left a message that said I wanted a doctor recommendation and who I was, etc. She called back in a few minutes, so I thought she was just screening her calls. When I picked up I just launched into, well, I need a doctor recommendation for your lady doctor (I wasn't sure what to say exactly, how do you broach this?) and after a little bit she was like, "I'm sorry, but I don't know who I'm speaking to..."

EMBARASSING! So then I had to back up and explain who I was and why I wanted all her personal information. Way to go, self. She was very nice but I was already weirded out about calling her and this worst case scenario wasn't helping matters. I got myself together and made an appointment for February 27th. Woo! It's not her doctor, but one she's heard good things about, since her doctor doesn't do obstetrics. One major step for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment