Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I must retract the surprise, am now in sad mode

My dear husband suggested if I was nervous, I should take another home pregnancy test. Nothing like a little life-affirming little pink line, am I right?

Three negative pregnancy tests later, including one digital that he ran out to get since I was out, we started to get the feeling that I wouldn't be telling my parents tonight after all. (Oh my parents, are in town, but know nothing yet about our little adventure during which we thought we were pregnant for a red hot thirty seconds.) So I called and scheduled an emergency blood test.

However, I'm pretty sure it will confirm what I already know. Even though my spotting let up yesterday and this morning, I somehow knew it was too good to be true. For some reason, my body cannot contain joy and cannot work properly. I know my loss is minimal compared to others, but I will never be able to trust a pregnancy test again, blood or otherwise, and never experience joy with a pregnancy (if I am ever able to attain one) until much later.

I kind of want to crawl in a hole and die, but I have to deal with my parents and teach class and perform normal human-type functions. I'm sorry this blog is such a downer, but what did you expect with a url like evil ovary?

No comments:

Post a Comment