Monday, August 30, 2010

Stimulation

I started stims last night. Doing stims as an intramuscular shot as opposed to a sub-q shot (in other words, in the butt instead of in the belly) is a bit of a trip. It's a super big shot and menopur makes it burn a little bit. I don't know how I'll make it through all these stim shots and THEN all the progesterone in oil shots. Yikes. Hopefully my husband doesn't leave town during this period. I could handle belly shots all by myself (even a bit of a pro at it after a while) but I'm not sure I could properly stab myself in the thigh. :-(

This part is exciting though! We're on our way to preparing little embryos!

Last Friday I had to see a high-risk obgyn who told me (surprise!) I'm insulin resistant as a result of PCOS. I've lost almost 13 pounds in the last 6 weeks by counting calories and exercising. Now I'm almost completely restricted from exercise - lifting nothing heavier than 20 pounds and doing nothing that will potentially twist my ovaries, and then comes the 2ww. I'm still going to count calories but I fear it will be a bit harder. I want to do everything possible to provide a hospitable environment for a baby - that means going back on the evil metformin and joining a different gym with a pool for water aerobics (with all the old ladies! :-)), then that's what I'll have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment