Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh RE

So we went in about a month ago to the RE to discuss IVF, but we were putting it on hold due to some funding issues. He was like, great, just stay on birth control continuously and give us a call when you are ready.

Fast forward to August. We're ready! I give them a call on Monday. I am told by a nurse to go off birth control, get baselines, then go back ON birth control, and THEN we can start. Ummm, no. What would be the purpose of baselines only to go back on birth control? She can't answer me. Only the IVF nurse has the answer. She won't be back until Wednesday. So just keep taking birth control and someone will call you Wednesday. WTF.

Finally this morning I get another call. My husband and I had talked about semen freezing in case he is out of town for a job interview or something. So we have to get some frozen BEFORE we can start anything according to the doctor. ALSO I have to have a meeting with a high-risk obgyn an hour away ... BEFORE we can start anything. Luckily, they say, it's easy to get in there. Why do I have to have this meeting? Because I have a high BMI. Now I've been doing my best to work on this, but if I had to have this meeting before starting IVF, could you not have told me a month ago? We could have had all this stuff taken care of at that point instead of waiting until now. It's just URGH GAH FRUSTRATING not to be able to just get started like we were promised.

So I called them back and said, can I have the numbers? Can I set this up? And they. still. haven't. called. me. back. It's almost like they just don't want our money.

No comments:

Post a Comment