Monday, September 6, 2010

Monitoring Blues

I had to get up at 5:00 this morning and drive almost two hours to have a thirty minute appointment at the RE and then turn around and drive almost two hours back. Blargh.

My follicles are coming along nicely, even one made it to 1.8 already, but I'm not ready to trigger. I have to go back in tomorrow morning to see. I am going to do everything in my power to push the trigger to Wednesday because of nasty class scheduling business - but of course will bend to the will of the doctor.

I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everything else is flexible. If I trigger on a Tuesday and have the retrieval on a Thursday, the transfer will be the next Tuesday and I'll miss two sets of classes. I would really, really prefer not to do this, especially as early as it is in the semester and with the realization that I might have to do the whole thing over again relatively soon. I know it's a bit bratty to complain about timing like this, but I am only in class two days a week! It shouldn't be that hard to work around.

The good news is since I won't be doing the retrieval on Wednesday that my husband will be in town for it, fresh sample and all. :-) He's really been super involved in this whole process, much more so than with IUI, so he's invested in being there at the retreival. For his sake more than anything I hope it works for us this time. I caught him crying at church during a children's service last week and it just about broke my heart in two.

Expect another update tomorrow on my progress! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment