Monday, August 23, 2010

Lupron Attacks

The side effects that I hear most girls complain about with Lupron are headaches and being in a "fog." Neither of those things have really happened to me - and with how I'm prone to get headaches and even migranes, I am extremely grateful for this. What I'm getting is uncontrollably weepy and sleepy. I have to blame it on the drugs, because I'm getting plenty of rest and have no real reason to keep crying at especially sad commercials. :-)

Also, it's a teeny tiny amount of Lupron I'm getting. We got a ton of needles and this one vial of medicine that was only partially filled. We're using insulin needles to get just ten units a day at this point, and I hardly even recognize it as medicine (except for the shot part of course, ouch!). Next Friday we go in to the doctor and sign all the paperwork and pay all the money. After that we'll start stims. I'm so scared now that school has started. I can't really afford to skip any classes on Tuesday/Thursday, so I'm hoping to push around those days if at all possible.

2 comments: