Tuesday, September 22, 2009

HSG

I survived! The moral of the story is my tubes are clear and my uterus looks normal, but oh boy.

So I got up super early and drove down to this other town. I was early, so I napped in my car for a bit before going in (but I missed the bottleneck of traffic that would have otherwise made me late). I saw someone from my home office there, another patient, and we chatted and it was nice. But the office didn't send over the order for my test, and the girl doing my paperwork couldn't reach the doctor on the phone. Of course, you can't, I said, he's over here doing procedures. Call the office! Apparently she could not and sent me running all over the hospital to get my own order, only to call me back when the doctor said he would do it verbally.

I was very, very scared of the going in part, but it turns out to be only slightly worse than your average pap smear. The doctor didn't think radiology would have a narrow speculum for me, but I was like, hey, if they don't we can find one, this is a HOSPITAL and I'm not doing it without one. Actually, I didn't have to be like that at all because radiology did have one. Pain, pain, pain, I was okay, then the x-ray was supposed to be the easy part. That dye made me feel like I was going to barf and then was super crampy. In fact, when I sat up afterwards the nurse asked me if I was always this pale. Sadly, the answer to that was yes.

I drove home and taught class and ran errands and everything was fine except I was getting more and more crampy and full. I took some more aleve last night and barely ate any dinner and went to bed early, and I am mostly better today, which makes me think I will be completely better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment