Sunday, September 20, 2009

First *Self* Injection

I'm not sure I would want to give the muscle shot, but I gave myself the sub-q shot today as the husband was napping (and I almost caved and woke him up, and then thought, do I really want a sleepy husband in charge of needles? I did not.) It was so easy I wasn't sure if I was even doing it right. The top of the pen sort of twists down into the shot, it doesn't plunge like regular shots do.

Anyway, I am successfully a follistim junkie. I have to get up at like 4:30 am to drive into another town to have my HSG test done tomorrow morning. My husband was going to go with me, but some of our plans later in the week now require that he not take the morning off. So...I'm going it alone. Scared to death based on the bits and pieces I've read. This is a girl who cannot do a normal pap smear, I'm so narrow they have to use the smaller equipment on me. If I survive, I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment