Monday, April 6, 2009

What now?

There are lots of open circles on my chart. One one level, this bothers me, because it means I haven't been consistent as far as the time I temp. On another level, I just don't care, because even if I was the most consistent temp taker in the world, it wouldn't convince my body to ovulate. This also leads to me abandoning the prenatal vitamins in favor of my chewable vitamins. I hate swallowing pills, especially for no good reason.

I went in this morning for Day 21 bloodwork, to monitor how I'm doing on the Clomid. Well, let's see, before Clomid, not ovulating, and after Clomid, still not ovulating! Awesome. My mother would barely consider taking this drug, and I've already said yes and it's still not getting me anywhere. At this point, it's not about not being pregnant, it's about feeling like I'm just totally not able to get pregnant. Which is not the best news ever.

I don't know what the plan is anymore. I have a feeling my doctor will punt me to an RE. My husband and I were prepared to use Clomid as a back-up and stay off of it for awhile, but I'm not sure if that's a viable plan seeing as how Clomid doesn't work. (Yes, I realize the first step will be to just use more Clomid, but I do have cysts, and am not sure how good of an idea that is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment