Tuesday, March 31, 2009

They really are out to get us...

Well I'm super glad I didn't get a positive OPK yesterday...we went out to dinner with my parents (they left early this morning and his parents got in last night, woo). My husband is super, super allergic to peanuts, as in, a small handful of peanuts would kill him instantly. We always ask about this when we go places and I always get peanut-free stuff too, just in case. Well he had this asian sauce and was told no peanuts. He starts eating it, and it takes just one or two bites for him to tell something is up. He tries to be discreet and go to the manager about it, and the manager comes to our table and SWEARS up and down there are no peanuts in what he is eating.

My husband is not fooled by this, as if he is having a reaction, there's a peanut something in there. He looks up the recipe for this sauce online (on his blackberry) and sure enough, there is some peanut oil in there too. PEANUT OIL COUNTS, people! (I swear, something about the south is that they don't take peanut allergies seriously down here - maybe because they grow so many peanuts that all the really allergic genes got weeded out of the population or something, who knows). Anyway, so the manager checks it out (duh, that should have been his first instinct) and says well there's a a trace amount of peanut oil. Again, still counts. Won't kill him, but will swell his tongue and cause him to throw up just to be careful. So THAT was lovely.

Day 15 today? No positive OPK yet, but plenty of sex. I promise to remain calm until day 21 when I'm supposed to go in for progesterone testing but still haven't ovulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment