Friday, March 27, 2009

Parents, Parents, and more Parents.

I love my parents, I really do. And they are both coming to town this weekend, which is a surprise. It's hard for my dad to get away, and my mom and I are super close so she visits me more frequently. So they are going to be here over "potential O time," if I were a regular gal, which, I'm not, but maybe the Clomid will induce some normalcy into my world. (CDs 12, 13, and 14) But for some bizarre reason, even though we politely asked his parents to refrain from visiting us under after April 15th (because of my parents coming and also DH is taking an exam on the 11th), they decided they must come and see us on March 31st. It makes no sense. They must come and see us IMMEDIATELY after my parents leave, on CD 15, and stay with us and hound us for however long they want to.

When DH and I were dating, he was running the family business. And his parents had "retired" and lived many, many states away, and came up to stay AT HIS HOUSE from Thanksgiving until St. Patrick's day that year. We had a long distance thing, and every time I came to see him it was all family, all the time. I'm amazed we got married at that rate. Anyway, I would prefer for his parents to respect boundaries and to, you know, have boundaries about when and for how long they visit. I love them too, and spending time with them is not bad, it's just....sometimes frustrating.

Now we all know I won't O until will after then anyway, if ever, so that's not really the issue - although parents don't really encourage the sexy times usually. It's more of an urgh thing. Urgh. There, I'm done with it. I have complained openly on the internet so maybe now I will feel more free.

Also, if we ever do get pregnant I would like to tell our parents (especially my parents, because this will be their first grandchild, but DH's sister already has two) in person. That will be a trip to arrange and then cordon off from rampant visitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment