Thursday, September 9, 2010

Egg Retrieval

Today we had our egg retrieval. Thankfully my husband was in town for this (although not for the trigger shot and I had to give that one to myself in my own thigh - ouch!) and everything went well. We retrieved 8 eggs, which is within the average of 5-12. Tomorrow we will know how many of those eggs were mature and on Sunday we will receive another report on their progress. The transfer is scheduled for Tuesday at noon.

Part of me is scared. Out of however many eggs you retrieve, only about 70% are mature. Of that number, only about 75% fertilize. And of THAT number, only about 40-50% make it to day 5. I think at best we'll still have two to transfer but I'm not holding out hope for any frosties.

Right now I'm doing my best to be zen and keep saying, as the ladies on the message board have been encouraging me to do, "eight is great"! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment