Friday, January 8, 2010

Resting

Well I went in for day 1 baselines and they found a cyst the size of godzilla had taken up residence around my right ovary. There were a few cysts, with a total of about 17 cubic centimeters of volume, but godzilla was about 4 cm wide just on her own. That means I'm out for this month in the hopes that these things will dissolve on their own. If they don't, then I have to do a month of birth control (irony) to make sure they go away.

Meanwhile for the next two weeks I'm supposed to be on pelvic rest. I do not feel that my husband appreciates this. We're on our own for this cycle, though we can still try (assuming I ovulate). The nurse said that after taking medication, people in my situation have a 6% better chance of conceiving, which in our case is a whole whopping 6%. Maybe this is exactly what my body needs, I don't know, but I find it disheartening to be put on hold. I had really strong, nice hopes for the last cycle and this just seems like an extended period of nothing that will potentially get me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment