Thursday, March 24, 2011

Clean Bill of Health

I cannot believe there are people still following this blog! I am such a bad blogger. I keep meaning to start a new blog now that I'm pregnant but it hasn't happened yet. Seriously - I have not posted since my 3rd beta? I am a crazy person.

So we got heartbeats for both scoops (we've been calling our babies "two scoops" like they are in an ice cream cone) around 6 weeks. Baby B had a smaller sac for a long time (just like the baby we lost last time) and so we've been praying extra hard for "Little Scoop." But now he's measuring right on track and looking good. So grateful! "Big Scoop" has always been our star. We just saw them last at 12w4d and the heartbeats were 154/158 and they were moving around and being so cute. I have babies in my belly, can you believe it?

The most difficult part of this pregnancy so far has been the SCH (subchorionic hematoma) which has been causing bleeding (always fun). About six and a half weeks I got some bright red bleeding and proceeded to flip the f out. Ultrasound the next day showed everyone was there and everyone was fine. More bleeding every 3 to 4 days but we never had a real problem. I was put on pelvic rest (forrreeeeevver) and we just kept looking at those babies. Normally my RE releases people at 10 weeks but I'm special so I got to stay until 11.5 weeks. Didn't get to go off the progesterone shots and suppositories until 12 weeks. Then when we went to the OB for our first scan, the SCH was just gone. Like it never existed. And as of tomorrow (knock on wood) I haven't had bleeding for two consecutive weeks. Yay! A clean bill of health for both my scoops and me is nothing short of amazing. I don't know how many times I've prayed to come back from the doctor with "everything is okay" and no "but" attached - but it finally has happened.

I don't get to go back to the OB until April 18th, which seems so far away when you're used to going in every week. I just can't imagine it yet, so I'm trying to focus on overcoming the tail end of the first trimester and seeing if I can eat again. My babies need it!

Also, my family is moving in May. We already have a rental house in the new location, but I'm nervous about packing up everything and moving in the middle of this pregnancy. We'll just have to hope for the best and get some really good movers who can also pack! I'll try to keep more updates flowing. Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! So glad you and your scoops are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you call them your scoops! That is hilarious! I'll be on Femara soon and hope that leads to multiples- but heck, I'd just take one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *taps microphone*

    Can we get another update? ;-)

    ReplyDelete