Monday, November 30, 2009

The Neverending Waiting Game

So we had the IUI - the worst part is always the getting in, once they are in they could throw a party for all I care. We had the IUI and drove to Florida (a day late!) but had a wonderful Thanksgiving except his parents think they are entitled to all points of data all the time now. My husband's dad offered to fund IVF if money was the only thing standing in our way, but I find it a little too "I now own my grandchild." Plus, we're not yet in the market for IVF.

However, during the sample giving for the IUI they tested my husband's sperm and his count was good, but his motility a bit below average - they look for like 50% mobile and he had 43%. Now he didn't exactly save up for that sample, but he's taking some more vitamins anyway and will have another test in a few months. But it didn't exactly make me optimistic for the IUI.

I refuse to take any more home pregnancy tests, so I'm waiting for a blood test on Thursday (and because it's the first blood test - I won't trust it either). However, I'm feel crampy in the way that I think my period is coming, so I'm not hoping for much. It just seems like too much of a long shot at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment