Friday, November 20, 2009

Major Updates

I was finally allowed to trigger last night on CD 26 (next time we're going back to a higher dose of Follistim, because this is getting redonkulous as far as waiting time) and I went in this morning for the post-coital. I don't produce a lot of mucus on my own when it counts (too much at other times) and the test was abnormal - who knows if it was him or me (probably me) but they wanted us to do an IUI tomorrow morning.

Big problem - we are leaving to meet his parents in Orlando today, and he did not at all for one minute want to push it back when people are waiting on us. Since his parents already know the whole story (thanks to him) I asked if he could ask them about it and he said no. And then he started ranting to me about the doctor's office and how they could never get the timing right (hello, it's my body that controls the timing, not the doctor's office). I think we were just both in a panic that sex may not solve all our problems on this go round. Our assumption was, sex worked last time, why won't it work this time? The answer is that it might work, but this brings our chances so much higher.

A few minutes later he called back and said he would talk to his parents. Half an hour later he agreed to do the IUI tomorrow before we leave (though it involves driving to another city first and then driving to Florida). Please send good thoughts my way that this process works and we get a sticky baby who is here for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment