Thursday, December 9, 2010

Starting Over

I know I haven't blogged in an extremely long time, but I've been out of it, mentally and emotionally since the D&C.

We had the D&C on November 5th. My mom actually came to stay with us that weekend as my husband and I both got the flu at the same time. The worst part of the D&C was my throat hurt, it felt like I was swallowing broken glass, and I wasn't allowed even a sip of water for six and a half hours. It was agonizing. But at the same time, the physical pain helped keep my mind of the emotional pain.

That next weekend I was supposed to go on a work thing, but my uterus started seizing up and cramping so hard we almost had to go to the hospital. Luckily some pain meds got me through the week and a half of excruciating cramps and we didn't have to go back to the hospital to do D&C part II, the redux.

After that I went straight back on birth control to clear my system. I did it for a month, and now I'm on pack number 2. I had my IVF baselines (11 follicles on each side) and on Monday I'm having an HSG and an SIS to see if my uterus is back to its normal shape so we can proceed with another round of IVF.

All I can think is, here we go again ...

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you. Please keep me posted. I'm praying so hard that this is the last time. I can't imagine what you are going though, but I'm here if you want to talk.

    -boxie

    ReplyDelete