Saturday, December 26, 2009

Waiting!

I can't believe I haven't updated since early December. In my defense, my story just feels very boring lately and not worthy of blogging. (Medicine, waiting, blah, blah, blah.) We changed my medicine back to follistim again and I started a new cycle in early December after the blood test confirmed that I was not pregnant. We went to Ohio to visit my parents and coordinating monitoring in another state was a HOLY NIGHTMARE OMG, but we got it worked out and had the monitoring and the IUI for this time there - the IUI on Christmas Eve, my birthday. Hopefully that's lucky for us. Now we're back home and preparing for his whole family to come spend New Year's/Fake Christmas with us and I've got to get ready for a new semester.

My husband's sperm got EXCELLENT rating for this IUI (like eleven times the baseline quality they require - ELEVEN TIMES). So either that last test was a fluke or those fertility blend vitamins work really, really well. Also, I switched from progesterone suppository gelcaps which get icky and gross to progesterone suppository tablets which are so far okay but I am not entirely sure how I feel about them. Aren't the details of my medical life endlessly enthralling? I thought so. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I find it enthralling! I'm so glad you updated, I've been thinking of you (and obviously stalking your blog). That is so exciting about your husband's sperm count! I'm excited for this 2ww, I hope it goes by quickly with all the visiting.((hugs)) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that your husband had super sperm for this IUI--but I'm very disappointed that you were in Ohio and didn't let me know! Good luck, darling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry MSC - I was birthday and Christmas and parents and IUI focused and totally forgot about you in Ohio! Next time, I promise. :-)

    ReplyDelete